BROOD Declares Support for Green Party of the Philippines
As part of its environmental agenda, Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD) declares its support for Aksyon Kalikasan – Green Party of the Philippines. David D’Angelo, National Council Member of the organization was also elected as a member of the party’s National Council and is also is chosen to be the party Spokesperson. The organization is also encouraging others to join the party. You can click the registration link here to join.
It is about time that BROOD once again becomes active in social causes. I believe that by declaring support to the emerging Green Party of the Philippines, we as an organization is doing our duty not only for the current generation but for generations to come. – David D’Angelo, BROOD National Council Member.
Reactivation of BROOD
BROOD which was established in 2002 had been a bit inactive for more than 6 years because of the situation of its members. Despite that, however, there have been various camps conducted regularly to update everyone in the organization. As part of the support for the Green Party of the Philippines, the organization will ask its members to be active once again.
This coming May 1-3, 2020 there will be a 12th BROOD Camp to be held at Cabangan Zambales. The site of the camp will be the first-ever green commune in the Philippines by Aksyon Kalikasan, Chairperson, Hilary Pangan.
BROOD also looks forward to supporting the registration of the party by fielding its members to be convenors of the party in various chapters. So far the following are already part of this effort:
- David D’Angelo, NCR Regional Convenor
- Jayrol Pangilinan, Pasig City Convenor – Metro Manila NCR
- David D’Angelo Jr, Valenzuela City Convenor – Metro Manila NCR
- Brent Ibardolaza, Marikina City City Convenor – Metro Manila NCR
- Eleazar Santos, Balagtas Convenor – Bulacan, Central Luzon
- Wilman Asugas, Baliwag Convenor – Bulacan, Central Luzon
Aksyon Kalikasan – Green Party of the Philippines
- Moratorium sa Lahat ng Pagmimina (National moratorium on all forms of mining)
- Pambansang Logging Ban at Reforestation/Aforestation ng 50% ng kalupaan ng mga malalaking isla (Nationwide logging ban and reforestation/aforestation of 50% of all land area of the major islands)
- Mabilis na pagpapalit mula non renewable sa renewable source ng enerhiya (Swift shift to full renewable sources of energy)
- Pambansang plastic ban at full implementation ng mga batas ng liquid, solid and toxic wastes (Nationwide plastic ban and full implementation of all solid waste, liquid waste and toxic waste management laws)
- Paglipat sa 100% organikong agrikultura at makakalikasang pangisdaan at suporta sa mga maliit na magsasaka at mamamalakayan; lalo na sa mga protektadong lugar (Shift to 100% organic agriculture with full support to small farmers and fisherfolks especially those within marine and farming protected areas)
- Proteksyon at suporta sa karapatan ng mga Katutubo, Bangsamoro at Cordillera sa kanilang sariling pamumuno at kaunlarang makakalikasan (Full protection and support to Indigenous Peoples, the Bangsamoro and Cordillera Peoples for their self governance and sustainable development)
- Makakalikasan Pamamahalang magbibigay kontrol at suporta sa mga lokal na komunidad sa pangangalaga sa kanilang kalikasan (Green Governance that will lead to more control and support for local communities to manage their own ecosystems)
- Paglipat sa electric public transport na suportado ng gobyerno para sa mga maliliit na driver at operator (Shift to electric pubic transport system with sufficient support from government to small drivers and operators)
- Proteksyon at rehabilitasyon ng mga ilog, lawa at mga protektadong lupa at dagat (Protection and rehabilitation of all rivers, lakes and protected lands and waters)
- Proteksyo sa pamamagitan ng pagpapalakas ng kakayanang mag adopt at hustisya sa pamamagitan ng kabayaran at rehabilitasyon sa mga biktima ng pagbabago ng klima at mga tagapagtanggol ng kalikasan (Protection through building community resiliency and adaptation and justice through reparation and rehabilitation of all victims and survivors of victims of the impacts of climate change)